Tubular heaters are available with the dimensions 6.5, 8.5, 11.5 and 16 mm.
Electrical tubular heaters are produced of different materials. In most cases, these are corrosion-resistant stainless steel such as
but also corrosion-resistant alloys such as
Partially, materials such as
- copper, nickel-plated as well,
Electrical tubular heaters consist of a tube with a circular cross section where the heating coil is in its middle and converts electrical energy in thermal energy. This heating coil is fixed by a highly heat-resistant ceramic material (magnesium oxide) and is electrically insulated against the heating element sheath at the same time. The compacting process makes sure that the heater coil is held in position and can well dissipate its thermal energy to the outside.
A moisture-proof sealing compound protects the electrical connection of the tubular heater from influences from the environment.
Wherever heating is required, control is also necessary in almost all cases. We are of course prepared to deliver the corresponding controller for your heating cartridges. There are different variants of control which can be selected according to the desired quality.
- Electronic ON-OFF control or PID control. (-> ON-OFF control switches off the heater if the temperature is exceeded, and switches it on again when the temperature falls below its lowest value. Thus, the temperature will always oscillate around the setpoint. The algorithm of the PID controller will optimally compensate the control fluctuations.)
- Load switching by contactors or wear-free semiconductors (thyristors). (-> contactors are wearing parts and must be replaced after approx. 100,000 make/break operations; thyristors switch quickly and without any wear but generate more heat losses than contactors.)
- Electromechanical control.
- Thermostats installed on the tool are price-efficient controllers whose accuracy is sufficient for many applications.
- Thermal protectors and limiters as capillary thermostats (as a safety design as well).
- Temperature sensors for tool or heating cartridge temperatures
A variety of designs is available for electrical heating cartridges. We are prepared to agree with you on the variant suitable for your application, considering factors such as temperature, mechanical load and environmental influences.
I. Electrical connections
- Usually, a threaded bolt M3 (RHK6,5), M4 (RHK8,5), M5 (RHK11,5) or M6 (RHK16))