Ceramic heating elements can be produced for a variety of diameters. The following list shows the most frequent diameters; in addition, intermediate dimensions are also available.
I. Usual dimensions
- 21,5 mm
- 32 mm
- 36,5 mm
- 58 mm
Ceramic preformed parts are used as an insulator, accepting the heating contactor wire in half-open grooves, thus ensuring a sufficient isolation distance to the metallic protective tube.
Highly heat-resistant alloys are used for the heating conductor. The heating conductor wire is held in the ceramic design in a spiralized condition.
Types of mounting
This is the preferred mounting method for ceramic heating elements. Unless otherwise specified, ceramic sectional radiators must only be operated in a horizontal position.
The sinking of the heating conductor spiral can be prevented by special ceramic designs for vertical operation.
Normal ceramic heating elements require at least the length of the heater space for an installation and a removal since the heater cannot be bent. Our ceramic heating elements can partially be designed for bending by a special ceramic variant.
Wherever heating is required, control is also necessary in almost all cases. We are of course prepared to deliver the corresponding controller for your ceramic sectional radiators. There are different variants of control which can be selected according to the desired quality.
- Electronic ON-OFF control or PID control. (-> ON-OFF control switches off the heater if the temperature is exceeded, and switches it on again when the temperature falls below its lowest value. Thus, the temperature will always oscillate around the setpoint. The algorithm of the PID controller will optimally compensate the control fluctuations.)
- Load switching by contactors or wear-free semiconductors (thyristors). (-> contactors are wearing parts and must be replaced after approx. 100,000 make/break operations; thyristors switch quickly and without any wear but generate more heat losses than contactors.)
- Electromechanical control.
Thermostats installed on the tool are price-efficient controllers whose accuracy is sufficient for many applications.
- Thermal protectors and limiters as capillary thermostats (as a safety design as well).
- Temperature sensors for tool or heating cartridge temperatures
Different connection designs are available for the ceramic sectional heaters. We are prepared to agree with you on the variant suitable for your application, considering factors such as temperature, mechanical load and environmental influences.
I. elektrische Anschlüsse
- Threaded pins M4, M5 or M6
- Motor terminal panel
The ceramic sectional radiators can be produced in lengths from approx. 300 mm up to approx. 8,000 mm. Subsequent shortening of a heating cartridge is unfortunately not possible. Therefore, the heating cartridge must be produced to its proper length.
The unheated area must at least be 50 mm and can be determined as desired above this length.
When selecting the heater length make sure that the sectional radiator expands more than the tubular jacket in operation. Therefore, the sectional radiator must be at least 50 mm shorter than the tubular jacket.